- Maltego CE (Community Edition) or Maltego XL installed.
- Access to the Hybryd Analysis API (if available).
- Knowledge of the Hybryd Analysis API endpoints and authentication.
Step 1: Set Up Your Hybryd Analysis API Key
If you have access to the Hybryd Analysis API, obtain your API key and ensure that you have the necessary permissions to use it.
Step 2: Create a Custom Maltego Transform
If a Hybryd Analysis Maltego transform is available in the Transform Hub, follow these steps to set it up:
- Open Maltego.
- Go to the “Apps” tab on the left sidebar.
- In the “Transform Hub” section, search for “Hybryd Analysis” or the specific transform provided by Hybryd Analysis.
- Click on it and then click “Install.”
If there’s no available transform in the Transform Hub, you’ll need to create a custom transform as follows:
Step 3: Write Custom Maltego Transform Scripts
To create a custom Maltego transform for Hybryd Analysis, you’ll need to write Python scripts. Here’s an overview of the process:
- Select Entity Types: Decide what type of entities in Maltego you want to associate with Hybryd Analysis data (e.g., file hashes or URLs).
- Write Transform Scripts: Write Python scripts for Maltego transforms. These scripts should do the following:
- Accept an input entity (e.g., a file hash or URL) as a parameter.
- Use the input entity to construct an API request to Hybryd Analysis.
- Send the request to Hybryd Analysis, retrieve relevant data (including URLs associated with the file or URL), and format it for Maltego.
requeststo make HTTP requests to the Hybryd Analysis API.
- Parse API Responses: Parse the API responses to extract the relevant information, including any URLs associated with the file or URL.
- Output Format: Format the output of the transform in a way that Maltego understands. Ensure that URLs are included in the output if they are available.
Step 4: Configure Maltego for Custom Transforms
Once you have created your custom transforms, configure Maltego to use them:
- Open Maltego.
- In the “Transform Manager” or a similar configuration section, add your custom transforms. Specify their input and output entities and set the appropriate transform parameters.
Step 5: Use the Custom Transforms
With your custom transforms configured, you can use them in your Maltego investigations:
- Right-click on an entity (e.g., a file hash or URL) in your Maltego graph.
- In the context menu, select “Run Transform.”
- Choose your custom Hybryd Analysis transform from the list (if available).
- Click “Run.”
The transform will use your Hybryd Analysis API key to query Hybryd Analysis for data, including URLs associated with the file or URL.
Step 6: Save and Export
After performing your analysis and enriching your Maltego graph with Hybryd Analysis data (including URLs), you can save your graph and export it in various formats for reporting and sharing.
Please remember to handle your Hybryd Analysis API key securely and consider any usage limitations or billing associated with your Hybryd Analysis account.