- Maltego CE (Community Edition) or Maltego XL installed.
- Downloaded IPinfo Maltego transform from the Transform Hub.
- Access to the IPinfo API key (sign up at https://ipinfo.io/signup if you don’t have one).
Step 1: Install the IPinfo Maltego Transform
Since you mentioned that the IPinfo transform is downloadable from the Transform Hub, you can follow these steps to install it:
- Open Maltego.
- Go to the “Apps” tab on the left sidebar.
- In the “Transform Hub” section, search for “IPinfo” or the specific transform provided by IPinfo.
- Click on it and then click “Install.”
Step 2: Configure the IPinfo Transform
After installing the IPinfo transform, you’ll need to configure it with your API key:
- In Maltego, go to the “Transform Manager” or a similar configuration section where you can set up transforms.
- Locate the IPinfo transform you installed and select it.
- Find the option to configure the transform, usually labeled as “Configure,” “Settings,” or something similar.
- Enter your IPinfo API key in the configuration settings. You can obtain your API key by signing in to your IPinfo account and generating an API key.
Step 3: Use the IPinfo Transform
Now that you’ve configured the IPinfo transform, you can use it to query IP information in Maltego:
- Open Maltego.
- Create a new graph or open an existing one.
- Right-click on an entity that represents an IP address.
- In the context menu, select “Run Transform.”
- Choose the “IPinfo” transform from the list.
- Click “Run.”
The transform will use your IPinfo API key to query IPinfo for information related to the IP address.
Step 4: View IPinfo Analysis Results
After running the transform, you can view the IPinfo analysis results in your Maltego graph:
- Click on the IP address entity that you ran the transform on.
- You’ll see attributes and data retrieved from IPinfo, including URLs if they are associated with the IP address.
Step 5: Save and Export
Once you have analyzed and enriched your Maltego graph with IPinfo data (including URLs), you can save your graph and export it in various formats for reporting and sharing.
That’s it! You’ve successfully set up and used the IPinfo Maltego transform to retrieve IP information and include URLs when possible in your Maltego investigations.
Please remember to handle your IPinfo API key securely and consider any usage limitations or billing associated with your IPinfo account.