To install and use the VirusTotal transform in Maltego, you’ll need to follow specific steps and obtain the necessary API key. Here’s a general guide on how to do it:
Step 1: Obtain a VirusTotal API Key
- Go to the VirusTotal website (https://www.virustotal.com/) and create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Once you’re logged in, navigate to your profile settings or account settings to find your VirusTotal API key. This key is required to access the VirusTotal API and use the transforms.
Step 2: Install and Configure Maltego
- Download and install Maltego on your computer if you haven’t already. You can get it from the Maltego website (https://www.maltego.com/).
- Launch Maltego and open a new or existing Maltego graph.
Step 3: Access the Transform Hub
- In Maltego, go to the “Transform Hub” or “Transform Manager” section. This is where you can add and configure transforms.
- In the Transform Hub, search for “VirusTotal” or similar keywords to find the VirusTotal transform.
Step 4: Add and Configure the VirusTotal Transform
- Add the VirusTotal transform to your Maltego configuration.
- Configure the transform with your VirusTotal API key. You’ll likely need to enter the key in the transform’s settings or options.
Step 5: Use the VirusTotal Transform
- Once you’ve configured the VirusTotal transform, you can start using it in your Maltego graphs.
- Right-click on an entity (e.g., IP address, domain, file hash) for which you want to query VirusTotal information.
- From the context menu, select the VirusTotal transform you configured.
- The transform will execute and retrieve information from VirusTotal’s database related to the entity you selected.
- The results will be displayed in your Maltego graph, allowing you to see scan results, associated files, URLs, and more.