- Maltego Community Version or Maltego XL (Commercial Edition): You can use either the free Maltego Community Version or the licensed Maltego XL (Commercial Edition) for this setup. If you don’t have Maltego installed, you can download it from the official website: Maltego Official Website.
- Access to News Transforms: Ensure that you have access to the News Transforms within Maltego. These transforms should be available through the Transform Hub.
Step 1: Access News Transforms
- Open Maltego.
- Go to the “Transform Hub” tab on the main dashboard. This is where you can access and install external transforms.
Step 2: Search for News Transforms
- In the Transform Hub, use the search function to look for News transforms.
- If the News Transforms are available, you should find them listed in the search results.
Step 3: Install News Transforms
- Click on the News Transforms from the search results.
- Select “Install” or “Add to Maltego” to add them to your Maltego installation.
Step 4: Configure News Transforms (if necessary)
The News Transforms typically don’t require extensive configuration. However, you may need to configure them to use specific news sources or set parameters for your searches.
- In Maltego, click on the “Transforms” tab.
- Select “Manage Transforms.”
- Locate the News Transforms you’ve installed.
- If configuration is required, enter any necessary settings, such as preferred news sources or keywords.
Step 5: Use News Transforms
- Close the “Manage Transforms” window.
- Create a new Maltego graph.
- In the “Transforms” palette on the left, you should now see the News Transforms.
- Drag and drop the News Transforms into your graph.
- Configure the transforms with the necessary parameters for your specific use case. This may include keywords, date ranges, or specific news sources.
- Run the transforms to gather news articles and information related to your investigation using the News Transforms’ capabilities.
Step 6: Analyze and Visualize
- Once you’ve retrieved news articles and information, use Maltego’s visualization tools to analyze and connect this data with other entities in your graph.
- Create links, annotations, and notes to document your findings and insights.