- Maltego CE (Community Edition) or Maltego XL (Commercial Edition)
- OpenPhish API Key (You can obtain this from OpenPhish’s website)
Step 1: Register for an OpenPhish API Key
- Visit OpenPhish’s website: OpenPhish
- Sign up for an account if you don’t have one.
- Once logged in, look for a section related to API access or developer tools where you can register for an API key. Follow the instructions to obtain your API key.
Step 2: Install Maltego
If you don’t have Maltego installed, download and install it from the official website: Maltego Official Website
Step 3: Access the Transform Hub
- Open Maltego.
- Go to the “Transform Hub” tab on the main dashboard.
Step 4: Search for OpenPhish Transforms
- In the Transform Hub, use the search function to look for OpenPhish transforms.
- If OpenPhish has developed Maltego transforms, you may find them here.
Step 5: Install OpenPhish Transforms
- Click on the OpenPhish transforms if you find them in the Transform Hub.
- Select “Install” or “Add to Maltego” to add them to your Maltego installation.
Step 6: Configure OpenPhish Transform
- In Maltego, click on the “Transforms” tab.
- Select “Manage Transforms.”
- Locate the OpenPhish transforms you’ve installed.
- Enter your OpenPhish API Key in the configuration settings.
Step 7: Use OpenPhish Transforms
- Close the “Manage Transforms” window.
- Create a new Maltego graph.
- In the “Transforms” palette on the left, you should now see OpenPhish transforms.
- Drag and drop the OpenPhish transforms into your graph.
- Configure the transforms with the necessary parameters (e.g., suspicious URLs, domains, etc.).
- Run the transforms to gather information related to phishing threats and malicious URLs using OpenPhish’s database.
Please note that the availability and setup process for Maltego transforms may change over time, so it’s essential to check OpenPhish’s official website for developer resources and the Maltego Transform Hub for any specific transforms related to OpenPhish.