- Maltego CE (Community Edition) or Maltego XL (Commercial Edition)
- Polyswarm API Key (You can obtain this from Polyswarm’s website)
Step 1: Register for a Polyswarm API Key
- Visit Polyswarm’s website: Polyswarm
- Sign up for an account if you don’t have one.
- Once logged in, look for a section related to API access or developer tools where you can register for an API key. Follow the instructions to obtain your API key.
Step 2: Install Maltego
If you don’t have Maltego installed, download and install it from the official website: Maltego Official Website
Step 3: Access the Transform Hub
- Open Maltego.
- Go to the “Transform Hub” tab on the main dashboard.
Step 4: Search for Polyswarm Transforms
- In the Transform Hub, use the search function to look for Polyswarm transforms.
- If Polyswarm has developed Maltego transforms, you may find them here.
Step 5: Install Polyswarm Transforms
- Click on the Polyswarm transforms if you find them in the Transform Hub.
- Select “Install” or “Add to Maltego” to add them to your Maltego installation.
Step 6: Configure Polyswarm Transform
- In Maltego, click on the “Transforms” tab.
- Select “Manage Transforms.”
- Locate the Polyswarm transforms you’ve installed.
- Enter your Polyswarm API Key in the configuration settings.
Step 7: Use Polyswarm Transforms
- Close the “Manage Transforms” window.
- Create a new Maltego graph.
- In the “Transforms” palette on the left, you should now see Polyswarm transforms.
- Drag and drop the Polyswarm transforms into your graph.
- Configure the transforms with the necessary parameters (e.g., suspicious files, URLs, etc.).
- Run the transforms to gather information related to security and threat intelligence using Polyswarm’s platform.