- Maltego CE (Community Edition) or Maltego XL installed.
- Access to the Regex Library transform from the Transform Hub.
Step 1: Install the Regex Library Transform
To install the Regex Library transform from the Transform Hub:
- Open Maltego.
- Go to the “Apps” tab on the left sidebar.
- In the “Transform Hub” section, search for “Regex Library” or the specific transform package provided by the library.
- Click on it and then click “Install.”
Step 2: Configure the Regex Library Transform
After installing the transform, you might need to configure it with specific regex patterns, but this depends on the design of the transform. Follow these steps:
- In Maltego, go to the “Manage” tab in the Transform Hub section.
- Find the Regex Library transform you installed and click on “Settings” or “Configure.”
If the transform requires you to specify regex patterns:
- Enter the required regex pattern(s) based on what you want to search for (e.g., a regex pattern to match URLs).
Step 3: Use the Regex Library Transform
Now that you’ve configured the Regex Library transform, you can use it to search for patterns within your Maltego entities:
- Open Maltego.
- Create a new graph or open an existing one.
- Right-click on an entity that contains text data (e.g., a description, document, or note).
- In the context menu, select “Run Transform.”
- Choose the Regex Library transform from the list.
- Click “Run.”
The transform will apply the specified regex pattern(s) to the text within the selected entity and extract any matching patterns, such as URLs.
Step 4: Include URLs When Possible
The Regex Library transform should include URLs when they match the specified regex pattern(s). You can view the results within your Maltego graph and work with the extracted URLs as needed.
Step 5: Save and Export
After performing your analysis and enriching your Maltego graph with extracted URLs and other data, you can save your graph and export it in various formats for reporting and sharing.