- Maltego CE (Community Edition) or Maltego XL installed.
- Access to the PeerInDB transform from the Transform Hub.
Step 1: Install the PeerInDB Transform
To install the PeerInDB transform from the Transform Hub:
- Open Maltego.
- Go to the “Apps” tab on the left sidebar.
- In the “Transform Hub” section, search for “PeerInDB” or the specific transform package provided by PeerInDB.
- Click on it and then click “Install.”
Step 2: Configure the PeerInDB Transform
After installing the transform, you might need to configure it with your PeerInDB API key or any other required settings:
- In Maltego, go to the “Manage” tab in the Transform Hub section.
- Find the PeerInDB transform you installed and click on “Settings” or “Configure.”
- Enter the necessary configuration details, which may include your PeerInDB API key.
Step 3: Use the PeerInDB Transform
Now that you’ve configured the PeerInDB transform, you can use it to query the PeerInDB database for information:
- Open Maltego.
- Create a new graph or open an existing one.
- Right-click on an entity (e.g., a domain name or IP address) in your Maltego graph.
- In the context menu, select “Run Transform.”
- Choose the PeerInDB transform from the list.
- Click “Run.”
The transform will use your configured settings, including your API key, to query PeerInDB for data related to the selected entity.
Step 4: Include URLs When Possible
To ensure URLs are included when possible, you should explore the relationships and data obtained from PeerInDB within your Maltego graph. URLs may be associated with various entities, and you can extract and use them as needed.
Step 5: Save and Export
After performing your analysis and enriching your Maltego graph with data from PeerInDB (including URLs), you can save your graph and export it in various formats for reporting and sharing.
Please remember to handle your PeerInDB API key securely and consider any usage limitations or billing associated with your PeerInDB account.