- Maltego XL: Ensure that you have Maltego XL (Commercial Edition) installed on your computer. If you don’t have it, you can download and install it from the official website: Maltego Official Website.
- Access to Echosec Transforms: You will need access to Echosec Maltego Transforms, which may require registration or an API key. You can obtain these from Echosec’s official website and API registration page.
Step 1: Obtain Information from Echosec
- Visit the official website or API registration page of Echosec using the links provided above.
- Look for documentation or resources related to the Echosec Maltego Transform, including installation instructions and API access. This documentation will guide you through the setup process.
Step 2: Install Maltego
If you haven’t already installed Maltego XL, please download and install it from the official website mentioned in the prerequisites.
Step 3: Access the Transform Hub (if applicable)
- Open Maltego.
- Go to the “Transform Hub” tab on the main dashboard. This is where you can access and install external transforms.
Step 4: Search for Echosec Transforms (if available)
- In the Transform Hub, use the search function to look for Echosec transforms.
- If Echosec has developed Maltego transforms and made them available on the Transform Hub, you may find them here.
Step 5: Install Echosec Transforms (if available)
- Click on the Echosec transforms if you find them in the Transform Hub.
- Select “Install” or “Add to Maltego” to add them to your Maltego installation.
Step 6: Configure Echosec Transform
- In Maltego, click on the “Transforms” tab.
- Select “Manage Transforms.”
- Locate the Echosec transforms you’ve installed.
- Enter any required configuration settings, such as API credentials, in the transform’s configuration. Refer to the documentation obtained in Step 1 for guidance on configuring the transforms.
Step 7: Use Echosec Transforms
- Close the “Manage Transforms” window.
- Create a new Maltego graph.
- In the “Transforms” palette on the left, you should now see Echosec transforms (if installed).
- Drag and drop the Echosec transforms into your graph.
- Configure the transforms with the necessary parameters for your specific use case.
- Run the transforms to perform geospatial analysis and gather location-based information using Echosec’s capabilities.
Please keep in mind that the availability and setup process for Maltego transforms can vary, so referring to Echosec’s official documentation and resources is crucial for a successful setup and use of their transforms.
- NOTE: Echosec has been aquired by Flashpoint