What is Creepy?
Creepy is an open-source geolocation intelligence tool designed to gather geolocation information about a target by analyzing data from social media platforms and other online sources. It allows you to track the movements and activities of individuals by analyzing geotagged data from photos, tweets, and other publicly available information. Creepy can be a powerful asset for security assessments, investigations, and OSINT research.
Before we delve into using Creepy, let’s begin with the installation process. Creepy is a Python-based tool, so setting it up is relatively straightforward.
Ensure you have the following prerequisites:
- Python: Creepy requires Python 2.x. You can download Python from the official Python website.
- Pip: Pip is Python’s package manager and is usually included with Python installations. If it’s missing, you can install it separately.
- Geoclue: Creepy relies on Geoclue for geolocation services. Make sure Geoclue is installed on your system.
Follow these steps to install Creepy:
- Clone the GitHub Repository:Open your terminal or command prompt and run the following command to clone the Creepy GitHub repository to your local machine:bash
git clone https://github.com/ilektrojohn/creepy.git
Navigate to the Creepy Directory:
Change your working directory to the newly cloned repository:
Install Required Dependencies:
Run the following command to install the required Python libraries for Creepy:
pip install -r requirements.txt
This command will install the necessary libraries and dependencies.
You can now run Creepy using the following command:
python creepy.pyThis will launch the Creepy interface.
Now that you have Creepy installed, let’s explore how to use it for geolocation tracking and analysis.
- Launch Creepy:Run the following command to launch Creepy:bash
python creepy.pyThis will open the Creepy interface.
- Add a Target:In the Creepy interface, click the “Add Target” button and enter the name of the target you want to track. Creepy will search for the target’s geolocation data.
- Start Tracking:Click the “Start Tracking” button to initiate the tracking process. Creepy will search for and display geolocation information associated with the target.
- Analyze Data:Creepy will provide information about the target’s location history, geotagged photos, tweets, and other relevant data. You can analyze this data to gain insights into the target’s movements and activities.
- Export Data:Creepy allows you to export tracking data for further analysis or reporting. You can save the data in various formats.
Creepy offers advanced features for more in-depth geolocation tracking and analysis:
- Custom Targets: You can specify custom targets by providing social media profiles or other online identifiers.
- Location History: Creepy can display the target’s location history on a map, allowing you to visualize their movements.
- Filters: You can apply filters to refine search results, making it easier to locate specific geotagged data.
- Custom Plugins: Creepy supports custom plugins that extend its functionality for specific online platforms and services.
Responsible Use of Creepy
It’s crucial to use Creepy responsibly and within legal and ethical boundaries. Always ensure that you have the necessary permissions to track and gather geolocation information about individuals. Unauthorized tracking can infringe on privacy and legal regulations. Additionally, respect the terms of service of the online platforms and services you query.
Creepy is a powerful tool for geolocation tracking and analysis, offering valuable insights for security assessments, investigations, and OSINT research. By following the installation steps and understanding how to use it effectively, you can enhance your ability to gather geolocation intelligence and uncover valuable information about targets. Happy tracking!